Friday, April 4, 2008

Hearing problems.

Pronounciations my boy......Good Pronounciations is important!

While awaiting some 'big' heads at Telekoms HQ, Jalan Pantai to help me sort out my Streamyx problem, I need relax and chill out.

RTM's Radio "Light and Easy" is one of my favourite and without fail, it would be our 'pre-set' radio in the car, walkman, Hi-Fi, or i-pod.....

Lately, some of our Commercials are getting out of quality. Whatever brands it could be, it must be promoting sales of their 'quality' products but listen to this.

Background noises......(Ahh!....Ooh!...Ah!.....Ahhhh!)
Lady:...."What's wrong Maria?"..........
Maria:....."My Master Enjoys Eggs!".........
Lady:....."Here...try this 'X' brand oil....it is good for your....."
Maria:...."Yesss!.......It is better now...!"

Duh! I almost drove into a longkang the first time I heard it in the car. It could be my age and my hearing is getting poor or I may need to change my car speakers. The next time the commercial came on, I fell off my bed.

I believe that words like 'muscle', 'joints' and 'aches' should be said properly.

Then, hor, yesterday's report about the famous case in regards to a Mongolian Lady, it was reported that someone mispronounced 'skeletal' as 'sketelal'!!!! or "reminds" as "remains" whatever.........

Then on the same radio channel, the weather forecast was read by the news lady. She pronounced the town of Sandakan as "Sarn-DUCK-karn" when it is commonly pronounced as "Sarn-dar-karn". Which is right? Quack!Quack!

Now, that's Birds Talking!